Making conscious decisions and choices

There is so much to earn in this life. Do we ever get “There” wherever “there” is?? I don’t believe we do because there is always something new round the corner to learn.
Back to the question of: “How do we gain wisdom”??? Again from my own experience, it seems to me that to make wise choices in this life we need to be conscious and make conscious choices, conscious decisions.
Can it be wise if we don’t consciously examine firstly why we are doing something in a particular way rather than another? There needs to be good reason, not no reason. If the reason is because that’s what we did before, so we do it again and again regardless of whether it’s the right thing now or not then that is a mindless way.

I learned a long time ago that making a decision without thinking it through first was not a wise or clever thing to do. How could it be? If I didn’t even bother to think enough, examine myself and why I was going to do something, then how could I expect a good outcome? Acting mindlessly is toxic, and it’s good to know that. The least we owe ourselves is to have good reason for our actions and decisions. It’s OK to get it wrong and OK to admit to a mistake.

There was a time when I when I would do something regardless of whether it might cause someone pain, or sometimes I just didn’t think about the consequences of my actions enough. I am talking about many years ago now and lucky for me I took all that, looked long and hard and learned from it, making me far wiser than had I not bothered to take a look and act on what I saw.

Making conscious decisions means that we do at least question as to whether a particular decision is a good one or not. I started to do this as I truly wanted to be wiser than I was at the time. I decided that I needed to take a careful and analytical look at what I was doing, and work out whether or not the decisions I did make were well enough thought through. Decisions are gold dust, gifts. They also send us in a certain direction. I wanted to make sure that direction was the best one at that particular time.

I also decided that it was inevitable that I would make many mistakes along the way and that it was all part of the learning process. Suddenly, I could happily tell people around me where necessary “Sorry I don’t know”, “Sorry, yes you are right, I got that wrong”. In fact, to have the ability to do that is a wise move, after all we are all here to learn on this earth, and it is not shameful to make a mistake. In fact it is only a courageous person who can admit to his or her mistakes and clever person who learns from them!!.

The bottom line is that if we want to do the best for ourselves, we need to do it all consciously. Make conscious decisions that are well thought out instead of jumping in unconsciously. Informed decisions are preferable to uninformed decisions.

Uninformed decisions can cost us dearly in life, so it’s really in our own interest to really think!!
Have your say, let’s hear your views on this, write on the forum. We are all here to learn from each other!!

No comments:

Post a Comment